Wednesday, March 21, 2012

OT and WWII


Been on a huge WWII fling lately..

I watched all of the videos on this man's Youtube and have been brushing up on my research into Flames of War.  Sadly, none of the people around me share my enthusiasm for WWII and it doesn't help that the price for FoW models is ridiculous.  I thought GW was bad until I started doing some research around the net and holy ass monkeys, FoW's crazy!

As for reading material, I've recently purchased a Duel book entitled: Sherman Firefly vs. Tiger and I'm pretty excited to get it in the mail today.  I can't wait to read about how the specifications of the tanks, the aces who commanded them and the battles they took part in.  However, by looking at the FoW rules in comparison to what I know from real life, Company of Heroes and Men of War: Assault Squad, I must say that there's virtually no contest:  The Tiger should beat the Firefly almost every time.  17pdr gun or not, the armor of the Sherman simply does not compare to that of the Tiger.

Anyways, is anyone out there as big as a WWII enthusiast as I am?  I remember visiting Normandy a few years back and I was able to out-lecture my tour guide.  Call me a nerd, but I fancy myself a historian!  Sorry for the lack of updates guys, but Diablo III has to get out the door :)

No comments:

Post a Comment